24 March 2009

Easter cards - DT

I like the egg-shape stamp from Simon Says Clear Stamps SWIRLS ALIGN Exclusive Set! very much. In January I had an idea of a small basket to put red chocolate eggs in it. And by now it's created.

Credits:
Papers: yellow cardstock, BasicGrey Mellow;
Tim Holtz Adirondack Color Wash;
Simon Says Clear Stamps SWIRLS ALIGN Exclusive Set

This card has a set of origins. Mimosa is the color for the year 2009 by Pantone. This month's theme on scrap.hu is the scalloped shape. The weekly challenge of BasicGreyChallenges is about textured cards, so I used dry embossing on the cardstock with the help of my daughter's kitchen. :))


Idea of the suspension card is from Dawn's video.
The basket template is a 14x13cm rectangle folded in the way that the central part is sized to be 6x5cm. Corners and sides are cut as you can see here.


Finally I used the remains of the papers to make another easter card of similar color set.

Credits:
Papers: yellow cardstock, BasicGrey Mellow;
brad;

4 comments:

scrapnnMO said...

OH my goodness the cards and basket are all so very cute! I ♥ what you did here! :)
♥Dawn♥

Chris said...

A stunning gift set! I love the basket you made and the card is beautiful. Bright and cheerful colours and the paper is perfect! Glad you could join the BG challenge this week. Chris x

Monica Anderberg said...

Wow, what a nice card and basket! I really love the colors. Very nice!

BR/ Monica at scrapoleket.blogspot.com

Rica said...

Fabulous gift box. Wonderful basket and such perfect colours for Easter.
Thanks for joining in at BG.
hugs Heather xx

Szunyo Design